Search This Blog

Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Black Event at the Wash is ON!

It's that time, folks!  The 2013 Black Event cart sale at the Wash is back, and in full swing!  There are so many vendors with amazing items for 10 or 50L$ ~ but that's not all!  There's also a "Behind the 8 Ball" Hunt going on there, too!  You look for the 8 balls lying around here and there, and find a free gift inside from various vendors.  This is by far one of my favorite annual events in SL, sponsored by FabFree and Hell Bop.  Definitely worth having a look!  I snatched up quite a lot of goodies, and made sure I only took a -little- bit of L$ with me so I wouldn't go nuts (which is easy to do there).

I went through the Destination Guide to find a great place to take the pictures and showcase these items that I found.  I didn't want to lag anyone else out at the B.E. while having my graphics turned up (draw distance can kill people with slower systems), so I found a sim called Pangloss.  It's dreamy and surreal, exactly what I like to explore!


 Above and below:  This was the group gift from Dark Water Designs.  They gave out a unisex item that has a mesh hooded jacket and system pants.  The hood didn't work so well with hair, so I just put on some bangs from Analog Dog and ran with it.


 Breakdown:
Outfit: Dark Water Designs - 0L$ at Black Event
Skin: Ploom - Maia - Cream - Snow - 95L$ at My Attic (the Deck)
Shape: External Appearance - Braylynn - 0L$ at Black Event
Bangs: Mad Bangs - Analog Dog


 Yes, I am standing on a whale, floating in the sky!  If that's not epic awesomeness, I don't know what is.


 Above and below:  Using the free pose I picked up the other day from Axix, having a blast soaring through the sky on my new whale friend.


 The Breakdown for above 2 pics and 1 below:
Shape: External Appearances - Braylynn - 0L$ at the Black Event
Skin: Idiosyncracy - Pale - Snowflake - 95L$ at My Attic (the Deck)
Hair: Dura - Halloween Gift - Dark Grey - 0L$ group gift in store
Outfit: The Little Bat - Basic Black Dress - 0L$ at the Black Event
Pose: Axix - Summer Free - 0L$ group gift in store



Above and below:
Hair: Dura - Halloween Gift - Dark Gray - 0L$ group gift in store
Skin: YS & YS - Milena Light
Scarf: 6DOO Skinny Lace Scarf - Black - 0L$ group gift in store
Lipstick & Boots: Aeva//Heartsick - Mischief Boots and Silver Lipstick - 0L$ at Black Event
Outfit: The Little Bat - Basic Black Dress - 0L$ at Black Event
Shape: External Appearances - Braylynn - 0L$ at Black Event
Eyes: YS & YS - Magnetic Ice



Above: So, this one I didn't take at Pangloss.  I had some great textures that were begging to be shown off; so I went "home" and used them on the walls/floor.

Breakdown:
Pose: Diesel Works - Aurora 9
Blindfold: Curious Kitties Eye Cover (tinted it black... used to be in store, not sure if it still is!)
Luggage: Ear Candy - Black and Gray Satchel - 0L$ at Black Event
Mesh Pants: MASH Fashion - Boa Pants - 0L$ at Black Event
Shirt: Aaric's Design - Only if You Dare - 0L$ at Black Event
Scarf: 6DOO - Skinny Lace Scarf - Black - 0L$ group gift in store
Hair: Dura - 3 year hair - dark gray - 0L$ group gift in store
Lipstick: Aeva//Heartsick - Licorice Lips - 0L$ at Black Event
Textures on wall and floor: Timeless Textures - Neolithic Black #10 (wall) and #2 (floor) - 0L$ for set of 10 at Black Event

I have so much more great stuff to sort through and file neatly away in folders in my inventory.  I'll try to keep you posted as to what other great items there are!  Better yet, go check for yourself!  The event isn't on forever, you know!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:03 PM EST

    Thanks for blogging my free item in The Wash Black Event.

    Aaric Hykova

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Thanks for the great gift!

      Delete

Thanks!

I love to hear from you!